.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
danieru in tokyo
Monday, December 27, 2010
 
i dont wanna be middle class no more.
I learnt this having been to a large shopping centre in West London today. Pikeys. Everywhere. Shopping to the visa max. It's going to sound sanctimonious, but it's simpler than that: I find it hard to believe that the kids can actually afford to spend the cash that they are dropping at the sales. And yes, the obscure world of personal finance has evolved somewhat since I was an annoying twenty something peddler of alcohol and tobacco. So it's plausible I am in no place to judge. But what I do think - and this is where the possible-i'm-right comes into play - the class divide is expanding, and these guys neither understand nor care.

And it could be argued that this is my chance, to take a stand, do what I owe back to create an egalitarian society. Yet I quote Bush: I dont care. The solution I offer instead will be to leave the middle class. I'm not going to play this game anymore. Explanation:

Stick on the Buddist hat, kick back to your previous life as a French aristocrat, preferably a few decades prior to the time when you were praying to the God of Scarlet. You'll find yourself sneering down at the peasants toiling your land in something that appears to be a non-sensically mind numbing pain of labour, only to retrieve a token of thanks, which evaporated somewhere between the paymaster and house, following that familiar road which veers through the church and bar. You would have looked down on the filth ridden apes and said to yourself: Good Lord. You've got your booze and your church, and you're happy. Your children will suffer the same miserable fate as you, yet you are happy. If I were you, I would shoot the nobility. Take an axe, take a stand. And yet you won't, I would muse. Could it be that you are so pre-occupied with your wine and your clerics? Game Theory: Those that you love most will treat you the worst.

Raincheck & Back to Buddha. Do an accidental good deed and die a few dozen times, and your reincarnated back to today, landed into an obnoxious university educated computer geek who earns more than their fair share of worth in the the world. And when I look at the lemmings in the shopping centre (or modern day place of worship), devoid of the ability to do anything more than drink and shop, I feel the pains from my previous life. The peasants will never revolt: because the peasants are revolting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Archives