.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
danieru in tokyo
Sunday, July 20, 2008
 
Life is experiences
To touch and feel; to hurt and steal. Only the #1 and #2 are blood real; #3 and #4 are about someone else - mere ether. Feel the pain to show the stain. Plagarism can't count as theft if you're bending the game to suit the play. Winner winner chicken dinner.

I'm somewhere over the South China sea on my way to SIN city. I've flown a million times before, but there is something about this flight which is making my grey cells contort in a nervous twitch of servitude and envy. I'm the luckiest person I know. That's not because everyone else is unlucky - it's because I never feel quite focussed enough to know them. Business class, for the third time ever, is half decent. There's a geezer next to me who is on his first mission over to SIN and he's buzzed. The carnivore in me all over that, it's the reason i love to fly economy.

I'm rehearsing what to say to Scott C. Not because I want to be clear in conveying my thoughts to him, but because I'm intimidated by his intelligence, and I'm cheap enough to leverage anything to spend time killing for a clarity unafforded to me in the last three decades. It's possible that there will never be clarity - this goes back to my latest question: "Are we to spend our whole lives being tested?"


The ego appears to be the one undefeated centurion on the horizon. With the conceded exception of pretension, everything about me is average or less - and I love that. It's so faux exploitable and full of undeliverable promise. I know that being offered a rung up on the corporate ladder means only an ego massage; so I no longer care. That's a cinch; done. Thanks to BC introducing me to that one. I know that all my encounters that may never have been come with a weight afterwards. "On the night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting". Books, toil, sport and even alcohol can temper that sting. Yet I needed a cure. Perhaps it's been found; time will tell.

Friday night: Gandered down to that izakaya in Omotesando which John and I discovered as they served the cheapest beer East of 80's Praha. Jumpei + Vince + Shige + Jake + some dreadlocked dude. It's not a skill - it's a decision - to convince everyone that you love them. And yet it works. Blindingly, the reality is that you surround yourself with personalities to ape or be aped.

One of my fears is that I'm hammering out a cage in which I can contain this journey of experiences - Life. Rules:
  1. Never react
  2. Seek first to understand, then to be understood
  3. Understand people's weakness, but do not focus on them, or it will stop you from seeing their skills and learning from them.
  4. Do not think. Know
  5. Wear black more often; and Acqua di Gio to mask the sulphur.

Are they the steriods on the track - all good today, and all regret tomorrow? Somehow Shige and I wound up back in Ropps, and met Albert and Sina. Shige was wearing my T-shirt, and I was wearing Albert's shirt. Life imitating art.

Last weekend doesn't had two highlights - Alex C's 40th at a fantastic bar hidden in the back streets of Omotesando. Got me that lipstick taste of Europop - the crowd was so very AC - they all had haircuts. The second was taking a picture frame from a couple of sticks and a Monte Cristo cigar case.

Comments:
I can think of a few reasons for #1, what's yours?
 
Reasons for #1 surround ensuring the favour of the tide. If you react, you've lost control.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Archives