.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
danieru in tokyo
Sunday, April 13, 2008
 
You cant always get what you want
And i've needed everything i've got. The last 4 weeks has been six lifetimes I always knew were waiting to catch up with me.

First there was the trip to Goa via Singapore. All the good things that could happen to a bad person. From the mad South African that bought John and I a Tequila shot to signal the clock turning after noon, to embracing the moment of je n'est sais quois.

Then there was Goa, where the moleskin does record what the fingers can no longer type. The parents are as crazy as ever, and the trip was almost all I expected and, inevitably, a little more. Some of the more was a passion for a motorbike on sunbeaten single track roads and the SLR moments.

Then there was Singapore once more, with AF, and two days in the office. Rice is going up in price, so I bought a Baum, an overpriced Balanese oil painting, and a couple of suits. About 35 kilos stuffed in the hold, including some fene which I will probably, and more importantly, should never drink.

Eating fresh as fresh can be crab at Newton Circus at 5am made Singapore feel comfortable - there is never the eigo dekimasen problem that I have here. Sad to think that I, and nobody else, stand between solving that issue.

The mist and the calm - that feeling of burning up some of the Dominican Republic's finest products, out there on the balcony at 2am with a JD and John's repetitious garble "you know, you know, you know". I know that Japan will last five earth years and no longer. I'm never going to marry a Japanese girl - this is just all a holiday. At some point, it's time to leave. I could quite easily move to HK or SG - there is no doubt in my mind that Asia is where it's at for the next dozen years, but there is also no doubt in my mind that I'm the bug flying towards the blue light.

Now that i'm back in Japan, and had a kick in teeth for being the grumpy work shy fop that i am, it's getting back into the swing, just before the next holiday. Something tells me i'm about to be fired from my revered employer.

Someone with more wisdom than I could ever be trusted with once said: "Nazdrovia, it's all about the tea." There were two, yet greed forces a saddness in me to know that there could have been two more cups of that Jasmine wonder stuff...

Comments:
Sounds like you're having a top one, glad to hear it mate.

- Air
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Archives