.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
danieru in tokyo
Friday, December 14, 2007
 
But my dreams they aren't as empty But my dreams they aren't as empty, as my conscience seems to be
Not sure why i'm thinking of this track, but I am. I went to the IBD party today. At my faceless bank, there are 3 parties. front office, back office, ibd. I went to the front office last year. lavish, but there was enough weirdness for Matt to say that it was gayer than the gay party we just came from. The IBD party featured cross dressers as well.
I used to know someone who was close to me, that said that they would have never been so close to me, if I was in banking. I doubted it, and never understood why {Girls dont like boys, Girls like cars and money}. But today, discovery was mine. The room was full of men in business suits almost as deafeningly dull as themselves, who ended up, passionless, in a job they fulfilled. The job couldn't possibly fulfill them. I see people in my department, as geeky as it sounds, get overexcited about the things that happen and the tech that they do. But not for a moment, can I imagine these guys (and they were all guys) get excited about anything. And I had 3 hours worth of free booze to contemplate that very thing.

Today I am glad to be in technology.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Archives